How To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Orange County Home
March 10, 2022 - Spiders
Spiders! If there is one pest you don’t want around your home, it’s these arachnids. There is something extremely upsetting about spiders, even if you don’t find them repulsive. They have many legs and eyes, and there is a natural urge to stay away from spiders. So, if you find nuisance spiders around, they aren’t welcome houseguests. If you're tired of dealing with spiders, read on to learn more about Orange County pest control services to eradicate them.
Types Of Spiders In Orange County
The main home-invading spiders in Orange County are usually harmless. Most spiders in Orange County can’t hurt you, even if they can bite. All spiders have fangs and venom that they need to hunt their prey, but they don’t have potent enough venom to harm people or most pets. Some of the main nuisance spiders around include:
- House Spiders: House spiders are prevalent, and they usually make a variety of webs around corners and windows. They are a light brown or dark brown color.
- Cellar Spiders: These spiders have long, thin legs and build rather spindly webs. They are usually a yellowish color.
- Funnel-Web Spiders: The funnel-web spider has tan coloration with dark brown markings on its backs once thought to be dangerous. They are sometimes known as hobo spiders.
Are Spiders In My Orange County Home Dangerous?
While most spiders in Orange County are harmless, there are a couple of exceptions. Two dangerous spiders occasionally are found in the area. These are the brown recluse spider and the black widow spider. While not as common as the harmless varieties, they can still invade, and it’s essential to take them seriously.
Overall, black widow spiders are relatively easy to identify. They are jet black, and the females have an hourglass marking on their underbellies in bright red. However, the brown recluse spider can be more challenging to identify. They are usually tan and don’t have markings on their legs. They have six eyes instead of eight.
Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Your Orange County Home
The most effective way to deal with spiders in your home is to reach out to the spider control experts at Cura Termite & Pest Control for assistance, but you can also take steps on your own to prevent spiders. It would help if you focused on removing factors that attract spiders. The main thing that brings spiders around is an excess of insect prey, so you can deter them by following these steps:
- Keep food and drink spills from accumulating and clean kitchens often.
- Buy lids for all garbage cans and take the trash out often.
- Remove excess humidity by repairing leaky plumbing.
- Seal buildings so spiders can’t get inside by repairing holes in the walls and foundation.
- Store woodpiles at least 30 feet away from the exterior of the structure.
The Key To Effective Spider Control For Orange County Homes
While taking steps to prevent spiders on your own is helpful, the best spider control comes with ongoing professional commercial pest control treatments. Our experts at Cura Termite & Pest Control offer services that address spiders and their pest prey, and we also offer green pest control solutions. Discover more about our professional pest control plans by contacting us today.